Sunday, October 29, 2006

Self Produce...

.........and save the planet?

As some of you may or may not be aware I am a football fan that tries to go to as many games as possible. One such game was the Sheffield United Vs Chelsea game and travelling up there I was talking to a fellow supporter who mentioned her husband grew his own vegetables.

This got me thinking. After all one supermarket slogan is every little helps, well why not with the environment. If those of us with gardens or a greenhouse grew some of our own produce, for our own consumption, the carbon cost of growing vegetables and moving them around the country/planet to move on to supermarket shelves would be decreased- a step towards helping combat climate change.

After all:

There is enough for all. The earth is a generous mother; she will provide in plentiful abundance food for all her children if they will but cultivate her soil in justice and in peace.
(Bourke Coekran)

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    About Me

    My photo
    United Kingdom
    Under rigorous examination I suppose I am a considerate, intelligent, humorous type of person