Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Football is dangerous to your health.

Particularly if you are a goalkeeper! Not just when others challenge you like Hunt did with Cech or Sonko on Cudicini but let us not forget another German in the week Schumi retires. Bert Trautmann played on with a broken neck in an FA Cup final. That was true grit and determination as Alan Hansen would say.

But on a personal note I have also joined the ranks of the slightly screw loose goalkeepers.

The Westmin Journos have set up a five a side indoor team and I volunteered for goalie duties mainly as I have been a goalkeeper before and quite like it.

However trying to dive around on hard flooring is not kind to the human bone system.

I now have two grazed knees some slightly sore elbows-thankfully my goalie jersey saved them from most of the brutality. Having not played football for some four years I seemed to have pulled some muscles in my back which I only discovered this morning having played last night.

But I had a wonderful time and hope my body cooperates by getting better soon so I can start working on my fitness, wheezing like a goldfish out of its bowl is not a good look.

Perhaps I shall also invest in some kneepads and a Moto GP style back protecter and than I can become the first Robogoalie!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    About Me

    My photo
    United Kingdom
    Under rigorous examination I suppose I am a considerate, intelligent, humorous type of person