Tuesday, October 16, 2007


Ho Hum....

.....Ok I am not going to make any predictions of Lewis' championship fortunes. Instead I shall concentrate on a new member of the grid for Brazil. In a feature I wrote for the Bridgestone e-Reporter contest I suggested that GP2 drivers were queuing up for F1 drives and elder F1 drivers should watch their backs.

I did not imagine that my words were anywhere near close to being prophetic but 2007's GP2 Rookie of the year Kazuki Nakajima has sprung from nowhere to confirm that the GP2 orchestra of speed is in accelerado by replacing F1's Styrian harmonica Alex Wurz at Williams
for the final round in Brazil. While Williams have said this is not an evaluation for a 2008 seat the experience will be invaluable for Nakajima.

With the personality that won him the GP2 Drivers personality of the year award added to his electrifying pace-winning him many fastest lap points, he has the perfect opportunity to impress and fulfil his ambition of an F1 seat as early as 2008. Certainly a good qualifying and race pace will calm worries about his consistency and propensity for mistakes. His second half season performance for DAMS suggests he has already begun to challenge such criticism and will add an interesting sub plot to this extraordinary season's final act.

However, the chance has come from Alex Wurz's retirement and without being privy to the exact reasoning behind the early retirement (one race before season's end) this is not yet a full blooded GP2 young gun cull of the big holster slingers of the F1 badlands just yet.

But somewhere, maybe just beyond the last Bridgestone Potenza shod wheel turning in anger through Juncao the well built lady is beginning to wet her tonsils and run through the octaves, just maybe......

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    About Me

    My photo
    United Kingdom
    Under rigorous examination I suppose I am a considerate, intelligent, humorous type of person